JOIN THE ASO FAMILY
The ASO is one of medicine’s most astute and agile representative groups. When you join us you become part of a robust community of specialists with a common goal – to safeguard ophthalmology practise in Australia.
IF YOU ARE AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST,
THERE ARE 5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ASO:
We are your Medico-Political Voice.
Our role is separate to RANZCO.
We are experts in Government relations, media and campaigns.
We safeguard your clinical autonomy and protect patient rebates.
The battles we fight today will safeguard your Ophthalmology practice for tomorrow.
Access one-of-a-kind resources, stay up to date on
industry news and join the community representing
THE BENEFITS OF BEING AN ASO MEMBER
The benefits of ASO membership are extensive.
Click the links below to find out more about the benefits we offer.
ADVOCACY AND REPRESENTATION
The ASO is committed to advocating for ophthalmologists and their patients.
We have developed position statements to communicate our position on key ophthalmology and eye health issues that are exclusive to ASO members only.
The ASO regularly makes submissions to government and healthcare bodies on issues impacting ophthalmologists and their patients.
Our most recent submissions are exclusively provided for our members to read.
ASO CEO Kerry Gallagher on our lobbying work
Dr Bill Glasson on why every ophthalmologist in Australia should be a member.
WORKING TOGETHER TO FOSTER STRONG CAREERS IN OPHTHALMOLOGY
$300 worth of membership free
Ophthalmology trainees are eligible for:
- 12 months free membership with the ASO
- Free membership with MDA National until June 2020 (ongoing discounts apply post June 2020)
RESOURCES AND PRACTICE SUPPORT
Supporting ophthalmologists in their practices is a priority for the ASO.
We have developed the following resources to do this.
- ASO responses to common member queries e.g. What can I advertise as an ophthalmologist?
MBS GUIDE FOR OPHTHALMOLOGY PRACTICES
- Downloadable PDFs (coming soon)
FIND AN OPHTHALMOLOGIST TOOL
All actively practising members of the ASO are listed on the ASO Find An Ophthalmologist directory
The ASO is committed to supporting ophthalmologists in improving the health literacy of patients.
We have developed a range of health literacy resources for patients.
MY EYE HEALTH JOURNEY
- A series of information sheets designed to provide your patients with clear, easy to digest information that explains key aspects of the ophthalmic healthcare experience.
PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE SWITCH CAMPAIGN
- The ASO wants Australians to get the most out of private health insurance. Our Switch campaign explains the ability to switch insurers at any time.
- Marketing resources for ophthalmologists (coming soon)
- Downloadable copies of the ASO Member’s Bulletin (our hardcopy magazine produced 3 times per year)
- Current and past issues of our monthly e-news, EyeWatch
- The new and improved Caduco calculator (coming soon)
will safeguard your ophthalmology practice for tomorrow.
EDUCATION AND EVENTS
The ASO hosts two important education and business skills events for ophthalmologists each year.
These are the ASO Business Skills Expo & the ASO Advocacy and Practice Skills Workshop.
We also offer discounted ophthalmic staff training opportunities through our affiliation with
online learning company Eye Learning.
ASO BUSINESS SKILLS EXPO
Our annual Expo is a CPD point accredited 1.5 day event that helps ophthalmologists build valuable business skills.
ASO ADVOCACY & PRACTICE SKILLS WORKSHOP
Our annual 1/2 day workshop is held at RANZCO Congress. Expert presenters arm ophthalmologists with business skills and training to build better practices.
The ASO works exclusively with a small number of alliance partners to deliver professional support and benefits to our members.
Our alliance partners are MDA National and Cutcher & Neale Accounting and Financial Services.
Eye Learning is an online learning company providing professional online ophthalmic assistant and ophthalmic receptionist courses, specifically designed to teach ophthalmic knowledge and clinical skills required to work in ophthalmic clinics.
ASO members enjoy the following exclusive discounts with Eye Learning:
- 30% off Ophthalmic Assistant Online Training Course
- 20% off Ophthalmic Receptionist Online Training Course
ASO is a Gold Member of the BMW Advantage Program. Upon purchasing a new or demonstrator BMW, all ASO members are eligible to enjoy the rewards of BMW Advantage Programme.
- Complimentary scheduled servicing for 4 years / 60,000km
- Complimentary use of a BMW during scheduled servicing*
- Door-to-door pick-up during scheduled servicing
- Corporate pricing*
- Reduced dealer delivery charges
- Corporate finance rates to approved customers
BMW DRIVER TRAINING:
- Reduced rate on a BMW Driver Training course
Contact the dedicated BMW Corporate Team on 1800 635 750 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By becoming an ASO member you are investing in your clinical autonomy and the future of ophthalmology in Australia.